How to Obtain a Trade License in Dubai
When starting up a business in Dubai, one of the most important documents to be attained is the Trade License. A trade license is the document which designates most of the activities to be carried out across the UAE. Moreover, it facilitates the way for the hiring process and renting office spaces.
There are 3 types of trade license to be obtained in Dubai;
Industrial trade license
An industrial trade license is issued for businesses that focus on industrial and manufacturing services
Commercial trade license
This is issued for any type of trading activities
Professional trade license
This type of trade license is issued for service providers, professionals and artisans
According to the law, the Department of Economic Development is responsible for all regulation for all businesses set outside the free-zone. Moreover, since non-GCC nationals are not permitted to own the majority of the shares, the UAE has issued a system of shared ownerships, which allows GCC nationals to own 51% of the company, unless the business is set in the free-zone.
In order to obtain a trade license, the business will need to provide the DED with;
- All or one of the partners should visit the outsourcing center and apply for the visa
- Provide copies of the passports of the managers and partners
- Provide DED’s letter with the approval of the company’s name
- DED’s letter confirming the approval of setting up the company
- Provide a copy of residence visa and NOC issued by the sponsor, or local service agent for the foreign parties
- A lease contract issued from the Real Estate Regulatory Agency
Global Link help you issue any type of trade license and save you the hassle.