Emirates ID application services
The Emirates ID is a pivotal component of the United Arab Emirates’ national identity system. This biometric card serves as a secure and reliable means of personal identification for both residents and citizens and a comprehensive access key to an array of essential services. From healthcare and education to financial transactions and government processes, the Emirates ID simplifies and expedites the way individuals interact with public and private entities. As the central hub for personal information, the card enhances security and reduces the need for multiple documents, offering a secure and convenient solution for residents and citizens alike.
How does the Emirates ID make daily life easier in the UAE?
The Emirates ID card serves as a versatile tool that simplifies a wide array of services and transactions. Firstly, it simplifies airport and border crossings by enabling e-gate access, streamlining the immigration process. In the realm of healthcare, the ID card facilitates appointments, prescription refills, and access to medical records, ensuring efficient and personalised healthcare services. Education-related tasks, such as school enrollment and exam registrations, are made more convenient through the integration of the ID card. Additionally, the card acts as a key to various government services like applying for visas, driver’s licenses, and vehicle registration, reducing paperwork and time spent at administrative offices. Banking transactions are also streamlined as the Emirates ID is linked to individuals’ bank accounts, enhancing security and efficiency for financial interactions. It also enables access to government portals and digital services, allowing you to manage your affairs remotely and conveniently. In essence, through widespread integration into essential services and transactions, it is a fundamental element of modern living in the UAE.
How can I get an Emirates ID?
To obtain an Emirates ID, you must first secure UAE residency since the two are intrinsically linked. Residency is usually obtained through employment, with your employer serving as the sponsor for your residency in the country. It can, however, also be obtained through other avenues such as property investment or establishing a business. These avenues then serve as the foundation for eligibility to apply for an Emirates ID. Once the residency status is established, you can then proceed with the application process for the Emirates ID.
What is the emirates ID application process?
- Sponsorship and residency visa: Before applying for the Emirates ID, you should have a valid residency visa in the UAE. This is typically sponsored by your employer or another eligible sponsor.
- Emirates ID application form: Obtain the Emirates ID application form from an authorised typing centre or online through the Emirates Identity Authority (EIDA) website.
- Required documents: Collect the necessary documents, which usually include your passport copy, residency visa copy, passport-sized photographs, and potentially other supporting documents.
- Visit a typing center: Visit an authorised typing centre in the UAE to fill out the application form and submit your documents. The typing centre will assist you in accurately completing the form and attaching the required documents.
- Biometric data collection: At the typing centre, your biometric data will be collected, including fingerprints and a photograph. This information is stored in the Emirates ID database and used to create your ID card.
- Application submission: The typing centre will process your application and submit it to the Emirates Identity Authority (EIDA).
- Application review: EIDA will review your application and verify the provided information and documents.
- Card production: Once your application is approved, EIDA will produce your Emirates ID card. This process can take a few weeks.
- Notification and collection: You will receive a notification when your Emirates ID card is ready for collection. This notification could be via SMS or email.
- Collecting the Emirates ID: Visit an Emirates ID card collection centre to pick up your card. You will need to bring your original passport and a copy of the notification you received.
- Activation: After receiving your Emirates ID card, you might need to activate it online through the official Emirates ID website or at a self-service kiosk.
How can Global Link help?
Global Link has over 16 years’ experience working with local and global businesses, providing bespoke consultancy services for company incorporation in Dubai and the wider UAE.
We can help you with your Emirates ID application, assisting in preparing all the required documents, ensuring that it is all accurate and in compliance with all regulations, and navigating the entire process on your behalf to save you time and hassle.
If you need assistance with the Emirates ID application process or any other company incorporation, visa or PRO service, please get in touch with us on +971 4 553 9901 or email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to assist you.