Your Guide to Get a Family Residence Visa in the UAE
Getting a job in the UAE grants you numerous benefits; such as, the quality of life, good packages, taxes free laws and many more. However, despite the many advantages one can enjoy, it can never be easy to live away from your family or relatives. And that is why getting your family to live with you is an option that a lot of expats make use of now.
To allow your family members to live with you, you have to apply for a Family Residence Visa. This article contains detailed information and all what you need to know to receive your family’s residency stamp.
In order to apply for a Family Residence Visa in the UAE you will need the following:
- Applicants and sponsor’s passports (original and copies)
- 3 passport photos for family members
- Salary Certificate or attested work contract
- Bank statement (3 months for longtime residents or 1 month for new residents)
- A minimum salary of 4000 AED
- Medical certificate for all family members above 15 years old
- A typed application from an authorized typing office
- Documents verifying relationship between sponsor and applicant if available (Ex: marriage certificate, birth certificates of children)
- Attested tenancy contract
- Emirates ID card and Labor card
To apply for a family residence visa, you must first apply to an entry residence visa. After your family’s arrival, you can apply for a residence visa. You will have 30 days to submit the application.
*Before applying, make sure you have all the required documents.
To obtain a medical certificate you will have to take your family members to a health check. You can get your typed application from any authorized typing office and pay the application fees there. Submit your application form with the required documents at GDRFA (The General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs)
**In order for a residency visa to stay valid, one must not stay out of the UAE for more than 6 months.
It is better to get your family’s residency visa through a PRO services company in order to fasten the process and avoid any lags. Global Link offers all types of visa services allowing you to get them with suitable costs and in a short period of time.