Start a Company in Dubai silicon oasis DSO
Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO) was brought about in 2004 in order to provide a good thriving atmosphere for investors looking to invest in the technology industry. Dubai Silicon Oasis is one of the most lucrative free zones in Dubai, as it offers world class infrastructure, but also because of its strategic closeness to the Dubai International Airport, Jebel Ali & Rashid Ports and the Business District of the Emirates.
Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO) is solely owned by the Government of Dubai. DSO offers facilities, residence options and integrated working community in state of the art business centres equipped with the best infrastructure which offers trade zone incentives and exclusive Freezone benefits to business entities operating within the Dubai Silicon Oasis.
DSO is the ultimate destination in itself for having Dubai’s first ever smart city, the Silicon Park. The technology park premises boasts of world class infrastructures and facilities that are of state of the art in quality. It has 8 trademark Boutique Buildings offering a one of a kind opportunity for companies and business entities to establish their Headquarters in the epicentre of the Dubai Silicon Park overlooking a beautiful lake and situated in the Central Square. These impressionable smart buildings offer exclusive and high quality office spaces for companies to start operations immediately.
DSO has a separate space dedicated, to where various international and world renowned brands and exclusive local retailers are all represented. A dedicated space for residential complex with a wonderful community is also available for people moving to the Dubai Silicon Oasis. This is the address of where stylish apartments are built to the most stringent standards of sustainability.
DSO also comprises of the coveted Dubai Technology Entrepreneur Campus which is the biggest start up campus in the United Arab Emirates. DSO has collaborated with the highly prestigious Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) New York, an internationally recognized leader in professional and technology-oriented education and established a branch of the same RIT in Dubai Silicon Oasis.
Salient features of setting up a business in Dubai silicon oasis
Dubai Silicon Oasis provides a number of free zone benefits that attract investors and business owners to this strategic location.
- 100% of the business can be owned by a foreigner
- Strategic location – Close to Dubai International Airport, Jebel and Rashid Ports, connected to all of Dubai’s Major Highways
- 100% Tax Exemption
- No restriction on capital reimbursement
- Zero percent import and or re-export duties
- No foreign currency restrictions
- No restriction on hiring foreign talent and or employees
- On Site Custom Facilities
- In-house Immigration and visa services for personal, dependents as well as employees.
Types of companies that can be setup in Dubai silicon oasis
- FZCO- FZCO is a legal establishment incorporated or registered with a minimum number of at least two shareholders. Shareholders can be individuals or non-individual(s) like corporate entities.
- Branch- Any established business entity, whether in the United Arab Emirates or in a foreign country, can register its branch in the Dubai Silicon Oasis. The business activity of the branch intends to hold in the Dubai Silicon Oasis is required to be the same as to the business activities held by its parent company.
- Dubai Economic Department (DED) registered companies- Business entities and companies that are already enrolled and registered with the Dubai Economic Department (DED) and choose to to operate in The Administrative Zone of DSO ( in a non-DSO property) should apply for a Business Operation Permit.
DSO issues three types of licenses
- Service license
This allows the registered company to carry out only specified services within the free zone guidelines.
- Trade license
This licence allows the registered company to practice business activities which are related to trades like import, export, and distribution goods and products as prescribed within in the free zone guidelines.
- Industrial license
This license allows the registered company to import raw materials, manufacture and produce, process and assembling, packaging and export the finished goods.
As well as best in the world services and lenient entry criteria’s, DSO also offers a variety of business services to its members, including visa assistance , customs clearance, and procurement of administrative as well as municipal services such as building permits and No Objection Certificates (NOC).
DSO members are also advantaged from the free zone’s onsite strategic partnership with government offices and private corporations like the esteemed Emirates Post, Etisalat, the Dubai Health Authority, and the CID.
Dubai silicon oasis activities
DSO is at the epicentre itself of the United Arab Emirates’ hi-tech ecosystem. It is the sole tech park in the region that provides space for residential, commercial and quality leisure time.
Currently, DSO is open to all kinds of business activity prescribed by the Dubai Department of Economic Development (DED). That’s over 2,000 permitted Dubai Silicon Oasis business activities.
Setting up a license in Dubai silicon oasis
The process for setting up in Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority is a fairly easy process of six steps:
- Submit application form
Register on DSOA’s customer portal and start the application process
- DSOA documents pre-approval
Subject to documentation procedures (mandatory activity and security checks) initial stage approvals and invoices are issued.
- Fee payment and legal document submission
This stage requires you to make all necessary payments as well as submit all documents prescribed by the DSO
- DSOA issue e-agreement
An electronic lease agreement and a digital agreement with all other relevant permissions are sent to your businesses registered email.
- E-licence given
E-registration and e-licence are then issued in name of the company.
Usually, licenses are issued within one week. However, issues with the application like omissions, incomplete paperwork can lead to delays.
Document Required for setting up a license in Dubai Silicon Oasis
The steps required to start your company in DSO will largely depend on the nature of your Company activities and the kind of license you have applied for. Usually, however, as well as the documentation listed above, you’ll also be required to provide:
- Application form to DSO
- Letter of intent stating your business activities
- Passport copy/copies of all shareholders and company owners
- NOC for residents of the United Arab Emirates
- Audited Financial Reports and bank statements
- Detailed Company Business Plans
In most cases, the DSO company formation formalities takes only seven to ten working days, provided the application is complete and accurate.
DSO offers a wide range of business setup and administrative services to its proposed and current clients. At DSO services ease your daily business operations hence helping businesses to focus on their rise and maximize their potential.
Strategic partnering with all requisite government departments and private service providers that boost your business and you may need to access on a day to day basis to run your business smoothly. The one-stop shop concept brings together the dedicated Government Service Center and private institutions such as Banks and Telecommunications companies to allow all business owners to enjoy the ease of access and hassle free processes.
A business set up at DSO free zone is a highway to success, economic growth and puts your business right in the middle of international companies, influential business networking and on an expressway to economic success.